Hello everyone, Hope you are getting inspired by the challenges so far. Gayatri here today with another challenge for you. Are your ready?
You Challenge is to make a Cute Critter Card!
Create a card with cute critter on it. You can do whatever you want in terms of technique. You can watercolour/copic/pencil colour the image, use single or multiple critter images, critter can be your focal point or use them for the background, emboss the image, sponge ink on the embossed images for resist look….. What you want to do is up to you. Only make sure there should be critter(s) on your project. Again you can make a card, scrapbook page, ATC, 3D… It is up to you.
Here is my take on the challenge to inspire you.
- My card base is white yardstick.
- I die cut a large scallop rectangle die using Essentials: Audrey Cutaway using white card stock.
- I sponged Pumice Stone and Spruced Ice distress inks on Scenery: Into the Woods Creative Screening on the die cut panel.
- Then Sponged the entire panel using Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive distress inks to get the forest look.
- Then I used the circle die from True Multifaceted Circle Cutaways to die cut a window on the panel.
- Then I stamped the sentiment from Sentimental: LOVE stamp set using black dye ink and MISTI
- On the card front, I masked around and sponged distress inks Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple and Seedless Preserve.
- I adhered the panel on top of the card front using foam adhesives.
- From the Big Hugs with Evelin T Designs stamp set, I stamped the two giraffes image and copic coloured them. I also added glossy accent on the spots to get dimension and texture on the image. I die cut the image using the coordinating die.
- The image is adhered on the window of the card front as shown.
- Finally I added some beautiful white sparkly sequins to embellish the card.
Here is a closeup of the card where you can see the glossy accent dimension.
Hope you are inspired. Now it’s your turn. Cannot wait to see your cute critter project. Happy crafting!
Link up your take on this challenge for a chance to win a $75.00 gift card (gift code) to the w&w shop. One random winner will be chosen.
For more information on how to enter to become our Guest Star for the next release CLICK HERE. Please remember you need to include GS in the Link Title to be considered for the Guest Star competition.