We are proud to bring you our next Spotlight On...Anja Curvers! Anja caught our attention with her challenge entries like these delightful cards for our 1st Birthday Bash Challenges and she has just entered these fabulous cards for iNSD Challenges with Pinkfresh Studio (these challenges are still open...for more detail CLICK HERE). It is her playful use of pattern and color balanced with a keen sense of white space which really makes her projects stand out.
Wait until you see what she's made today...you will see Anja shine!
Hi there it's Anja, and I am so happy to be here over at the Winnie & Walter blog for the "Spotlight On" feature. When I got the email from Shay asking me if I would be interested in joining, you probably can imagine that I didn't have to think twice. I am very thrilled to be here and hopefully I can bring you some inspiration with the projects I am going to share.
First a little of ME; I live in a small town in the south of the Netherlands together with my dearest husband and our four childern. I have been crafting for 12 years now and love making all sorts of cards and now and then a layout, altered item or a minialbum. I tend to make clean and simple cards but I also love all different styles and try to use lots of techniques. I guess there goes no day by that you can't find me in my craftroom. I love the Winnie & Walter products and can't wait to share the love with you.
The theme for the month May is "In bloom" so I went for the lovely flowers from The Big, the Bold and Extras and The Party.
My first card is a clean and simple one with a little twist.
I started with a panel of watercolorpaper and stamped the flowers with versamark watermark ink. Did a lot of masking to get some dimension in the flowers. Heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Now for the fun part I watercolored all the flowers using distress ink. After I had finished all the flowers I gave the background a soft wash with tumbled glass distress ink. The sentiment is also white embossed and is from The Party set.
I adhered the panel with some fun foam at a pink cardbase.
And finally my third card is pretty time consuming with lots of details so I hope you will enjoy it.
I wanted to make an interactive card.
I started with two equal cardbases which will be glued together. The trick for this card is to make your folds very crisp I recommend using a bone folder.
I will start with the right cardbase. First I marked the middle of the cardfront and placed a heart shaped die. I didn't diecut the die but embossed with it so it left a little impression. I traced the leftside of the heart with a pencil and fuzzy cut it so you would have heart shaped flap at the left of the card.
I took some copic friendly paper and diecut the heart and placed it on the right side. I did so because I was going to trace the flowers with a copic marker and otherwise you would have seen the bleeding at the inside of the card.
I stamped the flowers and the leaves from The Big, the Bold and Extras in grey memento ink and traced the flowers with a grey copic marker. I stamped 4 flowers in black memento ink several times and colored them with copics. Fuzzy cut them and did some D3 assembling. I stamped the solid banner in black and cut it leaving a little white outline. I stamped the outlined banner with versamark ink and gold embossed it. The sentiment is also gold embossed.
Now over to the left cardbase.
Just like the right cardbase I measured the middle of the cardbase and used a heart shaped die. This time I diecut the heart shape. I took some copic freindly paper and diecut the heart shape. I stamped the flowers again with grey memento ink and traced them with a grey copic marker.
I placed two sheets a transparency thus creating a flat shaker otherwise the card wouldn't close. Inside the two transparencies I placed some flat golden heart sequins.
Now over to the inside of the card. This is the inside of the right cardbase.
I stamped several flowers and leaves with black memento ink. Copic colored them and traced the outline with a grey copic marker. Stamped the solid banner across the flowers and stamped the outline banner in versamark ink and gold embossed it.
To make it a trifold card I glued the colored inside of the right cardbase over at the inside of the left cardbase.
To finish off the card I used some clear wink of stella glitterpen on the flowers at the front.
Here you can see a picture of the flowers in 3D and with the glitter. I find it Always hard to get a good picture of the glitter.
That's it for today. I hope I have been able to inspire you all and you will join me again next week for another post. For that post I will focus on dies. See you then!!!!!!