Now, it's Penny's time to sparkle and shine...
I'm backkkkkkk...Penny here again today with more Metallic fun using Winnie & Walter goodness.
Fall is in the air....somewhere. Living in Florida, we only have one season and that is the Hot season. Isn't it wonderful though that we card makers can achieve Fall through our art?
This card is a fun way to maximize your stamps.
You just thought those were leaves in that stamp set, but there are so many ways to use them.
Let's get started
- Start with a piece of Authentique Durable pattern paper trimmed to 4.25 x 5.50 inches. Stamp and heat emboss the "hugs" sentiment from The Big, the Bold and Friends set as shown using WaterMark ink and Stampendous Bark embossing powder.
- On White cardstock, draw a 3 inch circle (Ok, so I traced around a 3 inch circle die). Stamp leaves from the In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya stamp set around the circle using Memento inks Olive Grove, Rich Cocoa, Peanut Brittle and Rhubarb Stalk. Stamp over these same leaves again using Encore Metallic Green, Bronze, Copper inks as well as Delicata Golden Glitz.
- Trim panel into a 4 inch square. Notch corners with a circle punch, stamp top portion of sentiment and adhere to pattern paper with foam adhesive.
- Stamp "fern" using VersaFine Onyx Black, then ink with Encore Metallic Green, trim and adhere to side of wreath.
- Ink up a few strips of light weight cardstock with the Encore inks. Trim very closely (about 1/8 inch) so the cardstock curls. Add a few sprigs of these curls over the "fern".
- Tie a bow from jute, add to card front along with sequins as desired.
- Cut White cardstock to 4.25 x 11 inches, fold in half for a base card. Adhere card front to base card.
I just couldn't let my time here as a Guest Designer end without doing something with watercolors.
Shaker cards are still very popular and so fun to make as well as receive.
Look closely at my shaker filler...yep, it is tiny die cuts from the Essentials: Audrey Cutaways.
Too stinkin' cute!
- Cut watercolor paper 4.25 x 5.50 inches. Stamp and heat emboss Mini Scenery: Multifaceted with WaterMark ink and White embossing powder. Watercolor in the triangles with Blue and Aqua watercolors. Use the same colors for the rest of the panel.
- Die cut the small scalloped rectangle from Essentials: Audrey Cutaways with Aqua cardstock. Trim inside this panel leaving approximately a half inch all the way around (or die cut with a rectangle die, if you have one). Adhere acrylic sheet to backside of opening. Die cut the same scalloped rectangle from white fun foam, trim center. Adhere to Aqua frame on the backside.
- Fill "shaker" area with sequins and the adorable tiny die cuts from the Audrey Cutaways. Adhere Aqua panel over the shaker filler. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of Vellum 1 x 4 inches. Using the Audrey Cutaways large scalloped rectangle die, run through your die cutting machine at an angle as shown. Adhere to card front at the bottom right.
- Die cut "hugs" from The Big, the Bold and Friends Cutaways die set, paint with All Purpose Ink Frost White and adhere over Vellum.
- Cut White cardstock 4.25 x 11 inches, fold in half to make base card. Adhere card front to base card and add sequins as desired.
Saving a new to me technique for last hoping you love it as much as I do.
Metallic shine? Yes, please!
Super simple, easy peasy Mr. Sneezy!!!
Run into the kitchen and grab the aluminum foil....go on, I will wait.
- Cut White cardstock 4.25 x 11 inches, fold in half for a base card.
- Die cut Bright Pink cardstock with the large scalloped Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die. Adhere to base card.
- Die cut a small scalloped rectangle from the Audrey Cutaways using Purple cardstock.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil about 8 x 6 inches. Crinkle it pretty good, then smooth it out with a brayer. Using 2 drops each of alcohol inks Wild Plum, Stream and Sunshine Yellow, swirl it around a bit with a paintbrush. Let dry.
- Adhere foil to White cardstock measuring 5 x 4 inches. Die cut with small scalloped rectangle. Trim a small section of the center away. Adhere to Purple scalloped panel. Wrap sheer ribbon around panel, tie bow and adhere to card front.
- Die cut "friends" from The Big, the Bold and Friends Cutaways set 3 times, stack and adhere together. Ink top half with Memento Rose Bud ink and bottom half with Memento Angel Pink ink. Adhere to card front along open section.
I am so hoping you found inspiration today for making your own Metallic cards.
I want to thank Julie and Shay for inviting me to be a part of their family for this short time. It was such fun creating with their wonderful products.
Hoping YOU have a wonderful crafty day.
Many hugs, :)