Wait until you see the awesome projects she's made today...you will see Penny shine!
Hello crafty friends....
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, Nana and one year Breast Cancer Survivor.
I married my high school sweetheart back in the stone ages. We have two grown sons, a beautiful Daughter in Love and two adorable grandsons. My shadow is my small white dog Snowy.
I am retired from a Fortune 500 company after 20 years of helping others achieve their dreams. Before my grandson was born, some really great friends had a First-time Grandma shower for me (how cool is that?), and I wanted to make some personalized thank you cards. I walked into my local craft store, saw all the pretty papers and tools, and I was hooked.
Many watched videos later, I have been published in magazines more than 100 times. I am currently on the Imagine Crafts Design Team, and designed for Penny Black and others.
I was beyond thrilled to be contacted by Julie and Shay about being in the Spotlight for September. What an honor! I do believe a happy dance was involved.
I would love for you to visit my blog Penny Ward Ink, take a look around, maybe be inspired by something you see there. Questions and comments are encouraged!
Let's make some cards.....
This month we are featuring Metallics on our projects, though beautiful to look at, they are not very easy to photograph. Just imagine the sheen on each of these cards! :)
Let's start with Metallic cardstock.
Easy Peasy Mr. Sneezy
- Cut White Metallic cardstock 4.25 x 5.50 inches. Run the top half through embossing machine using a We R Memories Geometric folder.
- Wrap Offray ribbon around card front.
- Die cut Winnie & Walter In a Word: Hugs Cutaway two times from same cardstock. Stack and adhere together. Adhere to card front as shown, placing a small amount of Gold Metallic thread behind it.
- Adhere this panel to a card base of white cardstock cut to 4.25 x 11 inches, folded in half.
Now let's try something a little more challenging:
This one is a little more complicated, yet still easy enough to accomplish in a short time...ok, don't count drying time...I hate that, don't you?
- Cut Teal cardstock to 4.0 x 5.50 inches. Lay this panel on a craft mat and lay the Winnie & Walter V for CheVron stencil on top. Using a palette knife, spread Metallic Blue Creative Medium over stencil. (HINT: I spray the backside of stencil with Temporary adhesive to keep it in place). Let dry.
- Stamp and heat emboss large Smiles sentiment from the Winnie & Walter Big, Bold & Friends stamp set using WaterMark ink and White embossing powder.
- On a scrap of Black cardstock, heat and emboss the small sentiment from the same stamp set. Trim and adhere to card front with foam adhesive.
- Attach the card front to a base card of Black cardstock cut to 4.25 x 11 inches and folded.
- Make a couple of small banners from trimmed Washi tape, adhere to top of card. Die cut the small button from the Winnie & Walter Audrey Cutaway. Adhere to card front and coat with irRESISTible Pico Shimmer. Add Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins as shown.
Foil is all the rage right now, and it is so perfect for Holiday cards:
This is fairly simple to make. You will need to download the Winnie & Walter The Big, Bold and the Merry cut file.
I then took this file into my Silhouette software, deleted the "s" from the word Holidays, made a thick black border at 4.0 x 5.25 inches, positioned the word "holiday" where I wanted it and sent it to my laser printer. I then cut the panel to 4.25 x 5.5 inches, adhered the foil and ran it through the laminating machine.
- Die cut In a Word: Hugs Cutaway from Blue cardstock, stamp it with Winnie & Walter Mini Scenery: Multifaceted using WaterMark ink and Silver embossing powder.
- Paint some of the angles with All Purpose Platinum ink. Randomly add irRESISTible Pico Shimmer to some of the angles. Let dry. Adhere this embellishment just below the word "holiday".
- Die cut a heart from the Winnie & Walter Audrey Cutaway, adhere thin Metallic Silver cord to back and adhere to card front as shown. Coat heart with Pico Shimmer and add bow.
- Adhere card front to a base card cut from White cardstock measuring 4.25 x 11 inches folded in half. Run the edges along a Delicata Shimmery Silver ink pad.
Well, that is going to do it for today. I had so much fun playing with all my new Winnie & Walter stamps, dies and digitals. It's your turn. What Metallic creations are you going to come up with?
Until next time...hugs!!!! :)